HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

This Jake from Jakes heating & a/c I installed 2ton air Temp…

Customer Question
Hi this Jake from...

Hi this Jake from Jakes heating & a/c I installed 2ton air Temp heat pump,when I started the unit up ,the suction and discharged pressures went way high and the pressures registered same,i closed the valves to the outside unit blew 410a through the lines and air handler there no restrictions,iam thinking its either the rev.valve or bad compressor this unit is right out of the box,never put in service till now I ve been in refrigeration for 47 years and never had this problem with heat pumps, Do have the answer ?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes,new air handler& filter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I do this for a living

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I think I told you everything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: HotWired, Mechanical Engineer replied 9 months ago
HotWired
HotWired, Mechanical Engineer

Hi Jake,

This is Rob, one of the Experts here on Just Answer. I am not overly versed on heat pumps, but I do understand the refrigeration process. going through a metering device should cause a drop in pressure. If there is no drop you are not going through a metering device. this could be a bad rev. valve or a missing or wrong size orifice. the compressor is working because you have pressure. i would make sure the lines are hooked up properly, then replace the reversing valve.