HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just replace thermostat and my thermostat can only go up…

Customer Question
I just replace thermostat...

I just replace thermostat and my thermostat can only go up 32.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I replace my old thermostat 9500. I had problem old thermostat clips hold battery broken off and I bought a new thermonstat. when I install and I can only go up to 32 degree

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What i need to do to change reset more than 32 degree

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand and model number of the therrmostat to pull the manual on it for you, so far it sounds like you have it set for degrees centigrade, no degrees farenheit

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.

Robertshaw 9500
what do I need to change to fahreheit

click here please, see bottom of page 4, shows the switch you can move to F or C move it to F.

When you have what you need its time to locate the 'finish and rate your expert....' to close the question, I will appreciate it very much, that is also the only way the company pays me for time!

I don't see page 4
I switch to F and it still the same read high 32

click here please, lets work with it for a while

No

tell me please what you have done exactly to change the F and C switch settings.