HVAC

Connect one-on-one with a verified hvac technician who will answer your question

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

More related answers
All hvac technicians are VERIFIED
I am considering a new boiler. Research shows that 1/2
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I am considering a new boiler. Research shows that 1/2 people who have Weil McClain hate them and 1/2 love them. Same for Utica. Had a Burnham that was fine for ten years then the ignition system quit… read more
Rick.. I have a Burnham Series 2 Gas Boiler and it's not
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
Hi Rick.. I have a Burnham Series 2 Gas Boiler and it's not keeping a flame after I hold down reset and light the pilot. The pilot lights but the second I release the reset button, it goes out. Any he… read more
I have a 25 year old Weil McLain Gold GV6 Boiler. I live in
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I have a 25 year old Weil McLain Gold GV6 Boiler. I live in the Chicago area and the winter has been unusually mild. i.e. 37 degrees today. But arctic air is coming so I went to double check my boiler… read more
My burnham boiler is power vented. The power vent fan has
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, hvac technician
My burnham boiler is power vented. The power vent fan has been running for more than an hour. The boiler has not fired. None of the thermostats are calling for heat as it is the night setting and the … read more
We have a CGA-4-PIDN that has gone out through the night.
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
We have a CGA-4-PIDN that has gone out through the night. I cannot relight the pilot. The 1107-2 panel shows no lights. The breakers to the boiler are OK. What should I check/try next? Thanks.… read more
We also have a Burnham hydronics series 2 boiler-installed
Douglas
Douglas, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
We also have a Burnham hydronics series 2 boiler-installed in 2003. We are now getting heat irregularly. The thermostat calls for heat, the circulating pump starts, the flue opens, the gas valve opens… read more
what btu boiler do i need to heat tank of solid wax to 200
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
what btu boiler do i need to heat tank of solid wax to 200 degrees 700gallons of wax boiler 20 ft. away one and one quater supply and return/ tank has baffles for circulation and insulated / do i need… read more
I just bought a house that has a Burnham hydronics maintenance
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I just bought a house that has a Burnham hydronics maintenance series 2 model b installed. This is my first fall winter in the house and was wondering if there was any type of maintenance I needed to … read more
Hi there. I have a BAXI combi boiler. There is currently a
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
Hi there. I have a BAXI combi boiler. There is currently a problem with the diaphram and someone is coming to fix it . At the mo i have to have the heating on in order to get hot water, this is not to… read more
I have a gas fired boiler (Burnham) It has a Honeywell Aquastat
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
I have a gas fired boiler (Burnham) It has a Honeywell Aquastat Relay Model L4084F 1033. On the water gauge in the top of the boiler, it appears like the temperature does not get up very far. Have tri… read more
Help! My Ideal Classic boiler still has the pilot light lit
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman Service Technician
Help! My "Ideal Classic" boiler still has the pilot light lit but it is not firing up when we turn the thermostat up and therefore we have no heating even though it's 2 degrees outside! It seems to ra… read more
We have a Burnham series 2 gas-fired boiler furnace (baseboard
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
We have a Burnham series 2 gas-fired boiler furnace (baseboard heating). Recently the pilot light wouldn't light so a new thermocouple was put on. Then it was discovered that the expansion tank had a … read more
having trouble with burnham boiler,gas fired forced hot water,thermostat
Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
having trouble with burnham boiler,gas fired forced hot water,thermostat calls for heat,turns the vent on,but the burner does not come on,and boiler temp is below 100 degrees,pilot is still lit,has ne… read more
I have a Honeywell Burnham American Heating Boiler No. V800A1476.
Mark Henley
Mark Henley, HVAC Controls DDC
I have a Honeywell Burnham American Heating Boiler No. V800A1476. I bought the house last year and no one ever showed me how to turn it on. I don't see the pilot light lit. What should I do? There is … read more
My gas-fueled boiler was just serviced in the spring . NOw
BillyHvac
My gas-fueled boiler was just serviced in the spring . NOw it won't go on..Tried the thermostat, had three handy guys look.We flipped switches. turned dials, checked the breaker panel.Nothing.… read more
The boiler does not come on immediately when one raises the
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
The boiler does not come on immediately when one raises the heat setting on the thermostat as it has in the past. It may come on in as little as 40 minutes or as long as several hours.… read more
Just moved into an old house last week. Has Burnham gas boiler
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
Just moved into an old house last week. Has Burnham gas boiler about 26 years old. Steam radioters in house. HAS worked very well the entire week. But last night the furnace went out sometime overnigh… read more
I have a Hart Crouse Model CP112 with a honewell L80478B10092
Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
I have a Hart Crouse Model CP112 with a honewell L80478B10092 aquastat. Circulator pump is running, water temp has dropped bellow 100° and boiler has not fired. How do I trouble shoot this problem?… read more