HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a noritz propane tankless water heater.Code 51 is…

Customer Question
I have a noritz...

I have a noritz propane tankless water heater.Code 51 is blinking.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

No hot water for day and a half.WE have tried descaling and it is still code 51

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible.what is code 51

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/18/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the full model number of the water heater to pull the manual on it for you.... so far only an error code 61 is shown. sometimes a 6 can look like a 5 on a digital display, if its a 6 then error code 61 is bad fan motor or printed circuit board that sends power to the fan motor.

Get me the full model number, we can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

Tell me a little about your technical background and instruments on hand so that I can coach you most effectively. We can go from here.