HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Lennox 80mgf burner flames keep going out - replaced the…

Customer Question
Lennox 80mgf burner flames...

Lennox 80mgf burner flames keep going out - replaced the filter and replaced the flame sensor

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Server always years - in the replacing the flame sensor seemed to do the trick - replaced it again this fall and still going out

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Several years

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/17/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Wha are the LED's on the board doing? what's the flash sequence? Don't remove the blower access panel you should be able to see them through the viewing port.

Flashing red - flashes faster when heat comes on

You should get a sequence (flash >fast or slow or off)when it shuts down prematurely. LED's are deginated #1 & #2. #1 is on the left assumng the thermostat terminal strip is below it.

I only see LED1 - flashing continuesly - flashes faster when heat comes on
We keep the air circ fan on always

Ok, you have 2. Apparently 1 is off. I need to know which one of the 2 is flashing and only when the unit shuts down prematurely. Blower on manually has no effect on furnace operation

It is labeled LED1
It is flashing now - when heat comes on it flashes faster

For the third time, what does it do when the unit shuts down?? It doesn't matter hwat it does when it's firing.

Keeps flashing fast

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Please help me it looked like it flashed three times and then flashing fast
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

OK here is what should happen with the led.

Power to furnace but no call for heat light should be flashing slow

On call for heat light should start flashing fast and continue until end of cycle.

If furnace fails before cycle is complete, flash should change.

So power off then back n.Then call for heat and once if fails count the flashes

It should at that time repeat ( example: blink blink blink pause, blink blink blink pause would be a 3 flash error.

Led flashing normal. This issue has been many years. when we have changed the flame sensor it the past it seemed to do the trick. This fall we changed the sensor but flame still goes out for 1 minute then comes back on for 3-4 minutes and cycles like this.
Airflow seems ok out the vents. Blower is very dirty.

If blower is dirty most likely cutting out on high limit,clean blower and we will go from there

This video will give you an idea on how to remove and clean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUTvbr1kmDk

Cleaned the blower and changed the high limit -,still cutting out. I'm thinking it is the pressure switch. What do you think.