HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Is there a battery on my carrier infinity thermostat? The…

Customer Question
Is there a battery...

Is there a battery on my carrier infinity thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The thermostat just went black

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

That depends on what it is

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I can't get the unit to come on because the thermostat went blank

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: HVAC
How long will it take to get an answer,? My grandbabies are burning up
9/17/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. The thermostat does not have a battery. You have lost power to thermostat. The first thing to check is the float switch in the drain line. It is round and has two wires attached. When the drain gets plugged up the switch will trip and kill power to system . Russ