HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a york central air and heat pump with backup heat…

Customer Question
I have a york...

I have a york central air and heat pump with backup heat that I need to change the old thermostat for. I had a york model T874R1046-2TH11702224A thermostat with seven wires attached to seven terminals. I am replacing it with a Honeywell RTH7600 digital thermostat. Do you have any idea how this is wired? so far I am able to get just the fan to operate.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I am a little vague as to how to setup the settings because they really don't describe my unit in the instruction manual

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have it wired as best I could because the wiring diagrams did not match the old thermostat. Therefore I really don't know if it is correct.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I could tell you how the old one was wired and how I wired the new one.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/17/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Tell me what wires went where on old thermostat,

EX. Red to R G to G etc

And where you put them on new

I had two sets of wires; set one had red on O, white on X, yellow on Y, green on G,and blue on B. Set two had red on H, and white on W. on the new honeywell I have red on R, white 0/B, yellow on Y, green on G, and blue on C. two wires; White on aux and red on E.

Lets try this

The red that went to O to O/B

The white that went to X to E

Yellow to Y

Green to G

Blue to C

Red that went to R to R with jumper to RC

White that went to W to AUX

Ok, I have the wires connected, the fan and compressor come on. I have it set for cool but it seems that warm air is coming from the vents. Thermostat set for 71 and it is holding at 77.

Next you need to match thermostat to your system.Do you know how to get to system setup on thermostat?

Set as follows

Then you will need to go to the setup menu and set as follows:

0170 - 7

0180- 1

0190- 0

0240- 9

0270- 9

Any other functions are at your discretion.

If any functions listed do not show available, this means thermostat has setup based on a previous selection.

See page 13 and 14 in this manual for instructions on getting to setup menu

https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-2206EF.pdf

ok i think it is correct now. I will wait for temp to drop and let you know.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

Compressor no longer turns on for cool or heat.
Mine does not have a float switch. I have a gravity pump.

Touch the R and Y wires together at thermostat and see if outdoor unit comes on.

It does not come on when I touch R and Y.

OK problem s not with thermostat.We are done with thermostat. Hook thermostat back up.Stand by outdoor unit and have someone turn thermostat to cool and listen to see if contactor clicks in outdoor unit

Ok, I touched R and Y together and the compressor came on. I do not know why it did not the first time. I have been away for the weekend that is why I am just getting back to you.
Compressor only ran for a short while then shut off.
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 10 months ago

Ok issue is not with thermostat. Try disconnecting the pump and bypassing it to see if compressor will stay on

when I press the button the compressor starts but it does not stay on when I release it. Are you thinking it needs to be charged?
I have an HVAC service technician on this now. The thermostat was wired incorrectly and the compressor needs a new fan. Thanks for your help.