HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

An Aquastar model 125x NG water heater has become

Customer Question
An Aquastar model 125x...

An Aquastar model 125x NG water heater has become intermittent. The burner comes on reliably but it requires one or two restarts for the main burner to fire. New batteries were installed.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

The owner says this is quite recent, I would guess less than a week.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I'm the technician.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello click here please, see flame sensor rod on page 8, first step is to clean that off with steel wool, we can go from there without a time limit. Read the entire trouble shooting section. Let me know how that goes I will walk you through any step in the trouble shooting process that you need help on.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.