HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

ComfortLink™ II XL850 thermostat doesn't automatically reset…

Customer Question
ComfortLink™ II XL850 thermostat...

ComfortLink™ II XL850 thermostat doesn't automatically reset after a power outage. The screen just goes blank/white

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

Not sure. If I cycle the 30 amp breaker on the inside unit, then it it will initialize

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Regan Land, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer - my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. Do you happen to have a multi meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do, but unfortunately this property is a second home and I wont be back there until Thanksgiving.

Uh, oh - we would need to know if the thermostat is getting 24v to determine whether or not its a bad stat or something else causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, it seems that I will have to be on site to check this. I will re-establish contact when I am down there on November 24th. Thanks

Okay, thank you.