HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Ebac Humidex Plus model number 11343 GY-NZ which…

Customer Question
I have an Ebac...

I have an Ebac Humidex Plus model number 11343 GY-NZ which though old has worked perfectly for years.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I emptied it the other day and a polystyrene tube fell out of it. It has since worked but overflowed rather than stopped when full. I expect this is as a result of the tube not being in it but I cant see where to put it. Can you help please

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if I can identify where to replace the tube

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
The tube is 5 6/8th inches long x 1 1/9th diameter. It has a small round indentation on one end - as though something sticks into it here - and a shallow groove going down its length.
9/15/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, let me know if this looks like the manual for your unit or not, I think that tube is the float that operates the shut off valve when the tank is full.

Let me know if that sounds accurate to you, it may slide onto a rod that operates the float switch,

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

I agree with you entirely but I cant see where the float switch is. There is a lever like protrusion above the location of the drip hole in the top of the water container but it doesnt have anything to correspond to the groove and hole in end of tube.

It seems we have found the problem, but not the solution, in cases like that its best to keep working with it until you realize how it fits.

Look elsewhere in the tank for a rod or lever that fits the float... thats about the best we can do... the manual had no pictures of it

you are saying the float fits in the tank that fills with water, not outside it? Is that correct?

Yes, inside the tank as best I can tell from here. it is quite unlikely that there is an external side mounted float on it... if the tank is plastic it is possible that there is a magnet in the float or beside the tank that operates a switch