Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I replaced the valve on my older furnace and took the wires

Customer Question

Hi there. I replaced the valve on my older furnace and took the wires off my limit switch took a picture of the wiring prior but now can't find it!! Anyway it has 5 terminals three that have juice. I have the fan hooked up but have the two wires from the valve plus the thermostat to hook up. If I number the terminals 1 to 5 left to right hopefully this as t helps. There are serial and model numbers I nieve that I can give you as well.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thanks,
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Gord
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just how to.hook up those three wires thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. I need a wiring diagram for your unit. It's usually pasted to the back of one of the access panels. Post a clear sharply focused pic here. Click on link below for pic upload instrutions

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I had a wiring diagram I would have done it by now. I can send a pic of what the terminals look like?
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.

Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, send me a photo of the limit switch with the three wire terminal connections that were used on it... then tell me where each of the three spare wires terminates in the furnace.... (blower motor and gas valve etc) we can go from there.

.