HVAC

Connect one-on-one with a verified hvac technician who will answer your question

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

More related answers
All hvac technicians are VERIFIED
It's actually my air con split system. It's stuck on defrost
Gaztech
Gaztech, Technician
Hi it's actually my air con split system. It's stuck on defrost when I turn on heating … read more
My gas fired Crown Boiler (in the basement) is showing signs
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
My gas fired Crown Boiler (in the basement) is showing signs of delayed ignition. Over the last two days it comes on with a Bang Boom that you can hear and feel on the first floor and the second floor… read more
I was given a Jotul GF100DV2 has stove. No idea how old it
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I was given a Jotul GF100DV2 has stove. No idea how old it is. Currently propane gas. Can it be converted to natural gas? Thank you, Candace … read more
I would need someone to guide me through getting to the fan
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I would need someone to guide me through getting to the fan motor on my aircon. I think it's a specific model question though … read more
I just installed a new RTH7800 RET97C Honeywell thermostat.
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
I just installed a new RTH7800 RET97C Honeywell thermostat. When I was setting it up with the date, day, year it set on Sunday for 2/24/15. It is Wednesday, however, and I cannot see how to change the day. My schedule Mon-Friday is different from the weekend. … read more
Trying to find a/c capacity old model NUG5075BFB2, Going to
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hi trying to find a/c capacity for an old model NUG5075BFB2 … read more
My outside compressor won't shut off and the house is 90
Tim H.
Tim H., Lead building engineer
My outside compressor won't shut off and the house is 90 degrees. I shut off the air handler but when we put it back on the house went right up to 90 again. I put the thermostat on 55 and the house is… read more
I do not know who could help me~I had bought a new furnace
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
I do not know who could help me~I had bought a new furnace last August~I live in a Condo and it was a heat exchanger and I paid nearly $6000.00 for it~the day the technician installed it he could not … read more
Hi, My hopewell unit stopped heating today. I had zone 1
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, hvac technician
Hi, My hopewell unit stopped heating today. I had zone 1 & zone 2 lights red, zone 3 was green and there was a yellow purge light on. I have a service technician at the house right now. Was needing to… read more
I have a Lennox gas fire in my home. Professionally installed
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
I have a Lennox gas fire in my home. Professionally installed four years ago and no problem until we fired it up in October. We live in California so it only gets used October through March maximum. R… read more
Installed a Lochivar cbn 135 in a residential radiant heating
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Installed a Lochivar cbn 135 in a residential radiant heating system. Boiler fires when t-stat calls for heat. If water temp reaches high limit, burners shut off, pump keeps circulating. All appears t… read more
HVAC problem, the unit was dripping water becuse of the filter
Tim H.
Tim H., Lead building engineer
HVAC problem, the unit was dripping water becuse of the filter was dirty, cleaned the filter and closed the unit main swich for 3 days, now after opining there is a zizzling noise fron the upper part … read more
I have a Trane XE 800 Air Conditioner (approx 15 years old.)
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I have a Trane XE 800 Air Conditioner (approx 15 years old.) About 10 days ago it stopped running. The copper tubing leading into the house is not cool or forming condensation. It appears that the uni… read more
phil, Iwathed the ingition fire it went blue then orange then
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
phil, Iwathed the ingition fire it went blue then orange then blue again what should I do next?… read more
We have a Weil McLain Ultra gas fired boiler installed in our
Rick
Rick, Supervisor
We have a Weil McLain Ultra gas fired boiler installed in our home during new construction in fall of 2006. For some reason this morning it has stopped working and is flashing E -04. Can you tell me w… read more
I have a flexicom hx boiler and the central heating wont come
Rick Ridley
Rick Ridley, UK Heating Engineer
I have a flexicom hx boiler and the central heating wont come on, the hot water is working and the heating was working a couple of days ago?… read more
my lenox CDV Elite Series gas log fireplace remote control
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
my lenox EDV Elite Series gas log fireplace remote control no longer works. All the batteries have been replaced, twice, with no luck. The fire placwe owrks fine, but the remote does not. The remote s… read more
Hi, I have Ruud UGDD08NEGR furnace and I was just informed
Jason  Hvac
Jason Hvac, Hvac Tec
Hi, I have Ruud UGDD08NEGR furnace and I was just informed that I have a cracked heat exchanger. I was told that I had to replace the entire furnace, at considerable cost. I found the part on-line for… read more