HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My blower motor is staying on but I got no heat, Trying to…

Customer Question
My blower motor is...

My blower motor is staying on but I got no heat

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Trying to find a reset button. It's a frigidaire furnace FG61C 080C-V8

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I did

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cycled power. Left off for 5min then turned on, checked flame sensor and made sure it was clean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/13/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 7 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Hello,My name is Billy. On the circuit board is a light..how many times is it blinking?
Blinks twice

Thank you...is the exhaust fan running?

the it's the exhaust fan that is running not the air intake

Ok,

The code is saying that the air created by the exhaust fan is not closing a pressure/air switch.

Most common issue is blockage in vent pipe.

Next is small rubber tube is cracked or plugged

Then the fitting on the furnace the tube attaches needs to be poked clear.

Basically we are not getting suction on the tube (like a straw) to close this air switch. Do you know where the pressure switch is?

I'll have a look. I do see the tubes
Nope not sure what the pressure switch looks like

ok,

depending on if your furnace blows up, down or sideways...The pressure switch is near the exhaust fan and has a rubber tube as thick as a pencil to it.

see HERE

I looked it up, I found 2 switches with tubes. I diconected and checked all the tubes and they were clear

are your pipes to the outside clear? you can use a shop vac if needed

I went outside and they appear to be clear. I guess the other option is to pull it off the furnace and see if it's clear going up to the outside
Correct. Do you have one or two that go outside?
Just one. I disconnected the vent, turned power off for 5 and then turned on again. With it venting directly in the basement the alarm still won't clear and the furnace will not lite
Ok this puts it down to plugged drain or bad pressure switch. Can use a shop vac and clear the furnace drain?
the drain was full of water. I got the water out and tried running the furnace but with no luck and the light is still flashing twice every 5sec

if drain was filled we may have water logged switches...remove the tube from that goes to pressure switches from the furnace side...leave attached to switch. Then gently blow and draw from the pressure switch through the tube (like a straw)..tell me if you here small clicks from switch as you do this.

I've done that already and got nothing

Tell me what happens when:

Turn thermostat to off or turn temp down to where there is no call for heat.

Turn power off and back on to furnace.

Does the light stay solid?

Turn heat on....when does the light start blinking?

Does the exhaust fan blow good amount of air out when running?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer