HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 2 honey well smart thermostat I want to have them…

Customer Question
I have 2 honey...

I have 2 honey well smart thermostat I want to have them installed in my home I live in Brooklyn New York please help me my tel:1-***-***-****

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No there is central air and there is also base board heat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I need a professional to to the install I have 2 ref thermostats I want to upgrade

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/13/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, There is a good chance that you have purchased the correct thermostat model that will work with your particular system... there is a 50% chance that you have purchased thermostats that will not work in your system ... especially with base board heat.

.

If you call in an HVAC specialist now, and he discovers that the thermostats you bought will not work in your system, he will bill you a few hundred dollars for his time.

Let me know if you would like to find out if those are the right thermostats or not, we can go from there.

Phone calls are $25 extra, we can continue here however without any extra charges

.....

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.