HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The ground on my Daikin 4 ton 20 seer heat pump (outside on…

Customer Question
The ground on my...

The ground on my Daikin 4 ton 20 seer heat pump (outside on a slab)was disconnected during IRMA. Is that why I have a b0 "0 cfm code" and a b1 "commo link interrupt" code? Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes. The control pad on the wall is working fine, and the filters are recent.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No. I have a service contract with "Unique" out of Bradenton, FL and they are scheduled to come later today. If this is something I can do,without violating my warranty, I am sure the techs could be helping someone with a big problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. We came thru the storm in pretty good shape. Our house was built in 2005 to the new (post-Charlie) code with optional storm shutters, and we recently had PGT storm sliders and windows with the insulation option as well. Plus we are st over 20 feet above sea level.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/13/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 9 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here.You can turn power off to inside and outside unit for a couple minutes to clear faults. Retry AC. If it shows the codes again better let tech handle this for you. The newer units are not customer friendly. During storms like Irma companies are looking for reasons to cancel warranty. I went thru Ivan and first thing dealers did was cancel warranties on all equipment. My daughter lives in Clearwater and I think you are right about the new codes. Most damage was done by high waters and not wind. I live on the Florida pan handle Gulf Coast and we dodged the bullit this time. The Inspectors her are excellent about getting everything to code for wind and Hurricanes. Hopefully no test soon. Good luck and if you have anymore questions please get back to me. Russ

I will open for rating if you have no more questions. Russ