Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a tempstar 5000 furnace may be 20 years old in one of

Customer Question

I have a tempstar 5000 furnace may be 20 years old in one of my rental house, when they call the gas man to turn on gas, they told her the fire box has a crack on it, it need to repair before turn on the heat, I went and took a picture of it, is this just the face plate crack or part of the internal piece, can you get part for it
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The themostar is good and the filter is new, it will turn on the furnace and air conditioning with no problem, but the gas man said to the tenant is not safe it might leak co2 in the house, gas man call that a crack air box
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, i took most the gas meter to the side with gas turn off, so I could took a picture of it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is the crack face plate is part of continuous Venturi inside
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The small crack is on one of two hole in front of the gas burner tube, there are two gas burner tube in this furnace.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 1 month ago.

Can you post a picture of the cracked part?

Billy