HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a tempstar 5000 furnace may be 20 years old in one of…

Customer Question
I have a tempstar...

I have a tempstar 5000 furnace may be 20 years old in one of my rental house, when they call the gas man to turn on gas, they told her the fire box has a crack on it, it need to repair before turn on the heat, I went and took a picture of it, is this just the face plate crack or part of the internal piece, can you get part for it

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

The themostar is good and the filter is new, it will turn on the furnace and air conditioning with no problem, but the gas man said to the tenant is not safe it might leak co2 in the house, gas man call that a crack air box

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, i took most the gas meter to the side with gas turn off, so I could took a picture of it

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is the crack face plate is part of continuous Venturi inside

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The small crack is on one of two hole in front of the gas burner tube, there are two gas burner tube in this furnace.
9/12/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 1 year ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

Can you post a picture of the cracked part?

Billy