Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a lopi pellet stove insert that needs two blower

Customer Question

I have a lopi pellet stove insert that needs two blower motors. I cannot find a model number anywhere on the unit. Any ideas?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: opened the control door nothing printed there at all. there is some infor on the hopper door but no model number at all.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no I had a service and sales company come out but they say they cannot order parts since they are not an authorized lopi repairer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is an insert with the controls on the right side of the unit. I have had it since 2010. But I bought it used.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, were you able to remove the cover over the gas valve and controls section and look inside there for a mondel number>

You will need a model number to order parts.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It is a pellet stove not gas. Not sure where filters or thermostat would be located
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

There is a model number tag on it somewhere, have you looked on the back of the stove and behind its service access panels... we need that number to order parts