HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a lopi pellet stove insert that needs two blower

Customer Question
I have a lopi...

I have a lopi pellet stove insert that needs two blower motors. I cannot find a model number anywhere on the unit. Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Opened the control door nothing printed there at all. there is some infor on the hopper door but no model number at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I had a service and sales company come out but they say they cannot order parts since they are not an authorized lopi repairer.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is an insert with the controls on the right side of the unit. I have had it since 2010. But I bought it used.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/12/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, were you able to remove the cover over the gas valve and controls section and look inside there for a mondel number>

You will need a model number to order parts.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

It is a pellet stove not gas. Not sure where filters or thermostat would be located

There is a model number tag on it somewhere, have you looked on the back of the stove and behind its service access panels... we need that number to order parts