Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Bard Geothermal furnace Model GV3851S1AC. I have a

Customer Question

I have a Bard Geothermal furnace Model GV3851S1AC .
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: I have a Bard Geothermal Furnace Model GV3851S1AC.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I turned the unit on this weekend the water started to flow ,the compressor came on and the shut down on high pressure. I re set the unit the thermostat showed fan on auto and calling for heat. the unit shut down again. So I switched to Emergency Heat ,Electric heater came on but no fan, so the electric heater kept cycling. Checked the thermostat and it shows fan auto & calling for heat. I turned the fan on to manual mode and it still wont com on?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, these systems can get complex, the error codes are not always accurate So far it sounds like a dirty air filter since you were asked and did not respond on that point. If you do not know where the air filter is, that would mean you have not been replacing it, and that would be the problem.

The air filter can be located in a slot near the unit, or inside the return air grill, it will have two knobs or levers on it so you can swing it open and get at the air filter, all hardware stores carry replacements.

Let me know if that is the case or not.

.

We can go from there without a time lmit after you rate this answer:

Select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.