HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am having a problem with my Goodman furnace. Yes. I had a

Customer Question
My name is***** and I...
My name is***** and I am having a problem with my Goodman furnace.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: Yes. I had a furnace repairman out to the work on it today and he couldn't figure it out.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. It was beyond the repairman's knowledge. He also called and talk to one of your techs today. He also couldn't help. I need a referral, please.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'll try tell you my story.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Give me a few more details. What is the issue you are having? Are you looking for someone to guide you in troubleshooting or help you find a tech in your area that is familiar with the Goodman unit?

It started with the A coil for the air conditioner in my furnace was icing up. I could tell by looking at the line going into the furnace. I checked the filter and it was collapsed. I opened up the access to the A coil. I turned the AC off. When it melted I began to work on cleaning off the dust. I have been doing a remodel so it dust is a problem. I tried it again and it still iced up. I tried using water, etc. and a brush. I put a fan to blow on it. I started it up and the blower would only run very slow.

There are 2 main reasons the coil will ice. One is low refrigerant and the other is low air flow.

Does the blower seem to actually be running slow o just not blowing hard at registers?Also what is model on indoor unit?

The A coil is cleaned. The registers are clear. The tech that was here was an older fellow and never had seen this before. He talked to a goodman tech. today. The goodman tech couldn't figure it out.

I need a repairman who can figure this out. Broadway Heating and Air-conditioning(###) ###-####made a service call and tested out the blower. I am not a repairman. They recommended asking a Goodman to recommend a repairman

What is your zip code? I will try to help you locate a dependable tech familiar with your unit

55025
I can't remember or locate the furnace paper work. I know it was 2006 or 7 furnace.

Here is a link where you an find a local Goodman dealer who will be able to solve.

http://www.goodmanmfg.com/support/find-a-dealer

If unit is icing it has to be an air flow or a refrigerant issue.I am willing to help diagnose but would require gauges and test equipment.

Click that link and enter zip code.There 30 reliable Goodman dealers within 20 miles of your zip

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael Ferryman

do you still need assistance with this? Here are some options, make sure our return air is making it to your A coil. Make sure all your return duck work is flowing and not restricted in any way. Also make sure the air has somewhere to go, check all your air registers make sure they are open. Verify while your unit is running that you are getting good airflow at your registers and that your return air has a good pull to it. If you are handy with a amp clam I recommend getting an amp reading on indoor fan motor to verify it is within specs. If you need details on how to do this let me know and I can walk you through it..... Also one possibility is that the a coil has encountered a leak since you have been cleaning it and working on the unit. let me know if this helps out or if you need any further assistance.

HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 1 month ago
Did you still need assistance ?
HVAC Technician: Michael Ferryman,
 replied 1 month ago

don't forget to rate, thank you for choosing Just Answer - Mike

Michael Ferryman
Michael Ferryman
Michael Ferryman