HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My A/C, Rudd silhouette 2 has been leaking for a couple

Customer Question
My A/C, Rudd silhouette...

My A/C, Rudd silhouette 2 has been leaking for a couple months. it has 2 garden size hose fittings at the bottom of unit, but only one has drain tube hooked up. the other one has a constant leak on the floor as long as the unit is running... what should I do?

Contractor's Assistant: Have you talked to a construction professional about the floor?

Not yet, I believe I can replace sub floor and linoleum myself, after I figure out why a/c is leaking.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hopefully, if it isn't too difficult

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so... with 2 runoff holes, but only one connected to drain, can I just plug the other threaded hole?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/11/2017
HVAC Technician: type2technician, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
type2technician
type2technician, HVAC Technician

Are you able to take a pic of these two hose fittings and attach to this chat?