HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need to find a local technician to repair my Spirit 500…

Customer Question
I need to find...

I need to find a local technician to repair my Spirit 500 pellet stove. i live in the 98370 zip code in western washington...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about a year...the company i bought it from came in, diagnosed the problem last year, and then refused to fix it, saying they no longer serviced or sold Bosca

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I cannot...i need a technician who know the unit apparantly it is a matter of a small part replacement...but i am not knowledgeable

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

Yes..they took it all apart.. the problem is that it does not get the signal to load pellets the service guy was able to get to that place, and then never came back...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just need to know if you have anyone out here who can do the work

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, this is not an answer... just a suggestion, call the outfit that sold you the stove but refuses to fix it, that you talked to me and I said that if they had any integrity or honor at all they would service that unit. The fact that they no longer carry the line is entirely irrelevant.

Stress that, tell them that I am aghast at their behavior.

.

click here for a link that shows all 3 outfits in town, give them a call and plead for help... the stove while made in Chile uses all american manufactured parts... so if they find a bad part, getting a replacement should not be much of a problem.

.