HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Where is the anode rod located on a 6EM40-2 water heater,

Customer Question
Where is the anode...

Where is the anode rod located on a 6EM40-2 water heater

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Nothing is going on, I need to remove the anode rod for replacement

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I'm a journeyman plumber but unfamilar with this heater

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, just need location, I believe its below the hot water outlet, but not sure

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/11/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 11 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It's under the plastic cap in the jacket in front of the cold water inlet. You'll need a 1 1/16" socket to get it out.

Not at location now, i will return to jobsite tommorrow. I was fooled, i thought it would be under hot water outlet

Only a few models have the anode attached to the bottom of the hot tank nipple. I'd appreciate a favorable rating

Do you have more questions?