HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am having trouble finding a replacement part for an

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble finding a replacement part for an armstrong ultra sx 80 propane furnace. I can't find the name of the part,even called parts suppliers. supplyhouse.com looked it up as VESTIBULE PANEL cross referenced to lennox (it was much too small). My furnace has a cracked panel (behind the pilot assembly) that is about 16 inches by 20 inches and includes both the gas vestibule entry and the exhaust fan mounting. PLEASE, WHAT IS IT CALLED, and if you know where to buy it? Can i find a parts diagram online? model GUJ100D12-2B serial # 8496H11772 thank you

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am replacing the heat exchanger as well. found one at midwest hvac

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/11/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Take a look at this diagram and see if you can identify the part.Model is one number off but may help us identify and know what to look for.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/GUJ100N16C1/0492/0912100.html

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, so far it sounds like the heat exchanger, send me a close up photo of it so I can see what you have.

Meantime do not run the furnace, it could be very likely be a carbon monixide hazard.

.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get that photo to me. we can go from there

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

I have determined that the panel is unavailable from other sources so i am buying a new furnace. thank you for your time

Hello, I think the 'panel' you are referring to is just part of the heat exchanger... the heat exchanger is replaceable, however on older furnaces those sorts of repairs are not always a good idea. I think your choice to get a new furnace is a good one.

To close the question just click the 'finish and rate your expert..' link near the top of your page.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer