Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Weil mclain boiler model EG 75 P1, pilot light is on.

Customer Question

weil mclain boiler model EG 75 P1
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: pilot light is on. thermostst is up but boiler does not fire up. circulator pumps are on.This just occured now as I tried out the boiler before the winter.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: about 5 years ago I had to change the reigniter when I had a similar problem could it be the same. Thanks for your help.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like either the water flow switch is not closing or the high temperature safety cut out switch inside the boiler with a red reset button on it has tripped.

If you can take a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the boiler service access panel and attach it here using the 'add files' link next to your send button, I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions.

You may need a multi meter to do a few tests.

.

I will be out of the office a little later this morning, for about 2 hours, if I miss you and you want faster service just 'opt the expert out' and your question will go back on the board so other experts here can see it.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.