Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a sensor error on my Carrier infinity therms. I see

Customer Question

Good evening
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a sensor error on my Carrier infinity therms. I see the AC compressor is not coming on
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: 2 years old ..no
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple reset
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Had a hurricane that just blew by us
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, its not a simple reset, the sensors need to be tested with an ohm meter to determine which one has failed.

The infinity system is extensively electronic, not a lot of outfits are up to speed on working on them, if know a good Carrier dealer call them, if not and you would like me to vet a few for you, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest larger town or city and I will get you a short list of the best rated in the area.

.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I bypass the sensor for tonight?
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Those sensors are not switches that can be jumpered, but sensors that change resistance with temperature changes... not easy to bypass, but we can try.

For that I need a close up, exceedingly well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the furnace/ air handler blower door.

I will mark it up with instructions to bypass the sensors