HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a lux pro PSPA722 - display is frozen. Any suggestions?

Customer Question
Have a lux pro...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Been out of town but problem started friday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not necessarily - just want to know if there is a reset - I can can call a tech tomorrow

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nope - any guidance on unlocking the frozen display? thx

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/11/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 1 year ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Lets start by replacing batteries with new alkaline batteries

If that does not help,Your thermostat has two RESET buttons. The Software RESET is on the front of the thermostat behind the door. It is labeled RESET. HARDWARE RESET is on the rear of the circuit board.Try those one at a time

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Looks like hardware reset may have worked. I'll reinstall and test

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Was able to get display working and reset clock. Not able to set daily programs and system does not start when set to cool

Does indoor come on when set to cool? Give outdoor 5 minutes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you ... indoor came on after the outside kicked on. All good

Excellent

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.