HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Please help have Honeywell thermostat and need to reset

Customer Question
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, I need the brand and model number of the thermostat.... you can gently pry most of those from their wall mounted sub bases and with the thermostat in hand see the model number on the back... I will pull the manual on it.

Also, can you tell me why you think the thermostat is the problem..what are the symptoms.

.

We can go from there

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Th8320u1008

Thanks, click here for the operations guide I will be referring to it as we go along.

Tell me if any of the error codes shown on the thermostat operations guide appear on the screen or not please

Click here please, see page 27 do those tests, tell me how it goes

click here again please, then see page 15 of the manual.

'

To go any further you will need a multi meter and some skills using it to measure voltage.

If that is beyond your capability, it is time to call in a local pro.. if you tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can locate a well rated and well established outfit for you.

.

We can go from there

.