Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Payne Plus80 forced air gas furnace that wont

Customer Question

I have a Payne Plus80 forced air gas furnace that wont start
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The filter is new, register is clear, checked thermostat. The furnace would begin cycling but wouldnt fire.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Insofar as I am able. If its a mattermof servicing the ignitor or sensor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, is the sensor a flat disc, or is it the needle with white wire attached?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 month ago.

Can you give me the complete model number on the furnace?

The number on outside of furnace is just a series.

Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link to a generic video showing where to find label with model number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfyeZOFdpU

If furnace is not coming on or does not stay on , there should be an error light flashing on the control board in blower compartment to indicate what has failed. If you can locate this and tell me the pattern of the flash, that will point us in the right direction for troubleshooting.