HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Im looking for a pressure relief vave for a richmond water…

Customer Question
Im looking for a...

Im looking for a pressure relief vave for a richmond water heater model no. 12gr40-40f

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Well quite a while

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Possibly

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 9 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can

continue our conversation.

Code requires a temp & pressure relief valve on a tank type water heater. Here's one at Home Depot that has a longer shank to allow for the thickness of the insulation on the tank

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cash-Acme-3-4-in-Bronze-NCLX-5LX-Temperature-and-Pressure-Relief-Valve-with-2-1-2-in-Shank-MNPT-Inlet-x-FNPT-Outlet-23577-0150/203164748