Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Model FV441-2016 Gas Fireplace with a remote

Customer Question

I have a Model FV441-2016 Gas Fireplace with a remote control. My operating instructions do not explain how to leave the pilot lit all the time, but I know that is possible. I also show an AUX function on the remote but I do not know what that does.
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: Mendota FV441 Direct Vent Insert on LP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It is already installed and I am just trouble shooting operation
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need to understand all the functions of the remote control and the pilot light. I know there are two ways of operating, one with the pilot continuously lit and the other with it off.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Your unit has electronic ignition. You can't leave the pilot lit all the time with this type of unit. The pilot only lights when you turn the burner on to fire up the fireplace. Only standing pilot models (no electronic ignition) have a pilot that's lit all the time.