HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I was just on and got cut off i have never received an

Customer Question
i was just on and...
i was just on and got cut off i have never received an operator's manual with my new ac unit could you tell me what it means on the thermostat when it says sleeping?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: i'm sorry i got cut off our power wentt down and our generator kicked in all seemed wll ac went on our power came back on and ac worked fine all of a sudden the outside part went off but inside was on i checked the thermostat and the word sleeping is on it i did not get a manual to look at i have never seen that before the outside seems to be on now does it mean anything when it says sleeping?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i just need to know if sleeping is a mode or what?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i just need to know if that is something that needs to be changed?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/10/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you give me the brand and model number of the AC, I can most likely pull the owners manual on it for you.

'sleeping' can mean a mere time delay that is programmed into the unit on most models.

.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my answer so far positively.. . and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

.

carrier 24ACC660A00 3916E06984
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer