HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My comfortlink thermostat has an error code 114, it happened…

Customer Question
My comfortlink thermostat has...

My comfortlink thermostat has an error code 114

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It happened when our power flickered on and off a couple of time during hurricane irma

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's a simple fix yes. Our power is on but no a/c and it's getting hot.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Please respond ASAP........it's getting very hot and we're all cooped up for the hurricane.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/9/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Sorry about wait. Russ here. Turn power off to outside and inside unit. That will clear faults and reset system. Russ

I tried that and the red service light on the thermostat stays illuminated
The only way I could figure out how to power off the outside unit was to pull out the circuit breaker. Is that correct?
Why is taking so long for you to respond?

Anyway you can turn off power is good. Circuit breaker ,disconnect anyway you can turn off power to reset faults. Russ

That didn't help........thank you anyway......I will call out a technician tomorrow

That error code can only be checked and repaired by a technician on site. There are 5 things it could be. The Comfortlink system is not user friendly. Russ