Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My comfortlink thermostat has an error code 114, it happened

Customer Question

My comfortlink thermostat has an error code 114
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: it happened when our power flickered on and off a couple of time during hurricane irma
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it's a simple fix yes. Our power is on but no a/c and it's getting hot.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please respond ASAP........it's getting very hot and we're all cooped up for the hurricane.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 month ago.

Sorry about wait. Russ here. Turn power off to outside and inside unit. That will clear faults and reset system. Russ

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried that and the red service light on the thermostat stays illuminated
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The only way I could figure out how to power off the outside unit was to pull out the circuit breaker. Is that correct?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why is taking so long for you to respond?

Anyway you can turn off power is good. Circuit breaker ,disconnect anyway you can turn off power to reset faults. Russ

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That didn't help........thank you anyway......I will call out a technician tomorrow

That error code can only be checked and repaired by a technician on site. There are 5 things it could be. The Comfortlink system is not user friendly. Russ