HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

A tech replaced the run cap on our 561CJ048 4 days ago

Customer Question
A tech replaced the...

A tech replaced the run cap on our Bryant 561CJ048 4 days ago because the fan wouldn't start when the compressor turned on. It worked ok for a few days but now the fan wont start again. I can start the fan with a stick. Is the new run cap bad or something else?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

4 days

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No - shout I test the ne run cap, replace that fan or something else?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/9/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

If you can start with a stick most likely another bad cap

Do you have a meter that reads uF(microfarads) so we can check it?