HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I am replacing a RS9400 with a RS2110. The, I just got it

Customer Question
I am replacing a RS9400...
I am replacing a RS9400 with a RS2110. The
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just got it yesterday. The 9400 had a white wire to the W terminal, a blue wire to the Y term, a green wire to the G term and a red wire the a hard jumper to the RH, RC terminal. the 2110 has a C term which I put the red wire and a jumper to the R term. I ran the green wire to the G term and the blue wire to the Y1 term and the white wire to the W1 term. I have can not seem to get the anything to turn on except the display.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/9/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy.

The C terminal is different than the Rc terminal.

Rh = 24v for heat functions

Rc= 24v for cooling function

That is why in most thermostats the rh and rc are already joined with a short jumper.

The C terminal however is the "neutral" in a 24v system and putting a wire from C to R will be a direct short and blow a fuse in the furnace or transformer. What is the furnace make and model?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer