HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

MY HONEYWELL THERMOSTAT IS SET ON 80 AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT…

Customer Question
MY HONEYWELL THERMOSTAT IS...

MY HONEYWELL THERMOSTAT IS SET ON 80 AND I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED NO ONE TOUCHED IT. IT WAS SET AT 72 WITH HURRICANE IRMA COMING IN TO FLORIDA. IT HAS A SET BUTTON A HOLD BUTTON AND A RUN BUTTON. I HAVE TRIED TO RESET IT

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

TO THERMOSTAT

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I SAW THAT IF I HOLD THE HOLD BUTTON DOWN ON THE THERMOSTAT IT WOULD WIPE OUT ALL SETTING AND I COULD SET MY THERMOSTAT TEMPERATURE MANUALLY IS THIS CORRECT

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/9/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

That should change the schedule to manual operation and allow unit to work.