HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Payne PH13NB60-A 5 ton TXV is in a hot attic...and turned in…

Customer Question
Payne PH13NB60-A 5...

Payne PH13NB60-A 5 ton TXV is in a hot attic...and turned in direction that I cannot see....Do you know what size allen to use for adjusting?....Freon was low, when I started charging superheat was + 59 deg.f and sub cooling was - 7 deg. deg. f . Charged till sub cooling is at name plate rating of 18 deg. f and super heat at 14 deg. f

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes ...air flow is normal

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, I think if I adjust the TXV ccw a litthe I will bring the super heat down to 7 or 8 degs then I may hve to charg a little to bring the sub cooling up...do you agree?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
Just forget the answer...I thought it was $5....for $36 I'll figure it out myself...keep the$5...
9/9/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Sub cooling and super heat are going to vary. With Payne and Carrier equipment sub cooling is the important one when charging. Just remember it can vary 2 to 3 degrees each way and it is ok. Let run a day and recheck. Russ

Ok Thanks for using just answer