HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Our water heater will not ignite. The flame goes on for very…

Customer Question
Our water heater will...

Our water heater will not ignite. The flame goes on for very short periods of time We changed flammable vapor sensor today SP20172

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Our business is a hair salon. It has been 24 hours. For us...it is a sever problem since we are washng hair

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Would you like the model #

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 5 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What is the brand and model number of your unit?

Model # 42VP75FW
Serial RHLNQ5012131204
Rheem Water Heater
Installed 2013

Can you give me a picture of the gas control valve? Click on ADD FILES next to the SEND button to post pics here

We are ready for your phone call Rick

There's a glitch with your account. Contact customer service at(###) ###-####to clear it up if you want to talk or we can continue here. I still need to know what you have for a gas valve

We have decided to go another route. We will be cancelling our JustAnswer request.
Thank you.

OK

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer