Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a well system with two WX-302 pressure tanks. When

Customer Question

Hi. I have a well system with two WX-302 pressure tanks. When there is high water flow such as sprinkler system running, the pump of sourse comes on periodically. When it reaches the cut-off pressure, there is a pretty severe water hammer in the house,and it seems water pressure drops quite a bit almost instantly.
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: It happens during the irrigation season and has been occurring for a few years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what I need to do. I am pretty capable with technical problems, but can't figure this one out.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That seems to be all, but there is a fairly long run from the well head to the tanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like you do not have enough air pressure on the bladder inside the tanks, have you checked that? Can you tell me what that pressure is?

.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits …. and with as much coaching and trouble shooting as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.