HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a CT3600. I replaced the batteries. Now I can't get…

Customer Question
I have a CT3600...

I have a CT3600. I replaced the batteries. Now I can't get this unit to go into program mode (Run Program). When I press this key, the screen goes blank. What to do??

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

By holding the Hold Temp key doen for a few seconds, this unit goes back to the Hold Temp mode. It works ok then. the Filter display is blinking but that was the case when theunit was working last winter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, that work?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What happened to the message I already sent?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, click here for the manual, I will be referring to it as we go along.

So far however it is about 98% certain that the thermostat has gone bed.

.

Try installing the batteries in *backwards, wait 2 minutes, then remove the batteries and install them correctly... that has about a 30% chance of resolving the problem.

.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits and in as much depth as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.