HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

This is a question about our dehumidifier. Can you help me?

Customer Question
This is a question...

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

We have a GL-DEH 50 pint dehumidifier and it has stopped working. The message says bucket is full, but we use a hose and there is nothing in the bucket. We have had it for about 7 years. Thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. Not sure how much "work" there would be.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I just need to know if it has died or is it something easy to check

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: HVAC
9/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 1 year ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it s most likely that printed circuit board has gone bad.

Tell me about how old the unit is, and what it cost you so that I can advise on repairs or a replacement.

.

We can go from there after you rate this brief answer, with no time limits and in as much depth as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.