HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My payne furnace turns on fan works right away but don't…

Customer Question
My payne furnace turns...

My payne furnace turns on fan works right away but don't ignite. I changed the igniter and igniter senser it turned on igniter worked 1st time but did not after that

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, fan turns on right away,no flame, I noticed that when it did not work it was flashing 3 times then once

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/8/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 11 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

That is error code 31, it is caused by the pressure switch not closing due to many possible reasons.

Part looks like this picture link.

It senses when power venter exhaust fan starts.

Ok, options are...

blocked vent pipe

blocked drain (if equipped)

cracked rubber tube to switch (works off suction not pressure)

Nipple ports where tube attach blocked.

Bad pressure switch.

I noticed question is still open, do you need more assistance?