Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have had a Honeywell Hot Water Heater for about l l/2

Customer Question

I have had a Honeywell Hot Water Heater for about l l/2 years....it is in-op
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: I have lived in Utah for the last year and haven't even used it. My handyman says it is blinking about 4 times which means the High Temperature Shut Down Solenoid is defunct.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I have a handyman that will do the work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Serial Number: 1548102294612,,,,ID #: ###-##-####and Model # MHG6230T30400. The Manufacture Date: ll/29/2015
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This error requires replacing the gas control valve. Since the unit is only 1 1/2 years old it should be in warranty and yo should be able to get a replacement gas valve under the warranty. Contact the manufacturer to make a warranty claim. Honeyweel does not make water heaters. They only make the gas valve. There may be an 800 number on the tank to call.