HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have power going to the unit ut have no hot water, how do…

Customer Question
Have power going to...

Have power going to the unit ut have no hot water

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

How do you check thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Going to try

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Ok

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: HVAC
9/7/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 11 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, it sounds like the heating element might be burned out, I need the brand and model number to be more specific however.

.

We can go from there without any time limits

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.