Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a wonderful Jotul GF 370 DV. Flawless performance

Customer Question

i have a wonderful Jotul GF 370 DV. Flawless performance except that occasionally while on thermostat control and far from the cutoff point it will suddenly go out and then restart almost immediately.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: no clue. the thermostat is in the handheld control unit ...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i live in small town 125 miles from anchorage so, yeah, if i have to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: there is a propane distributor/filler guy that knows his way around propane stoves.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello, its most likely a flame detection problem... locate the flame sensor rod and clean it off with steel wool, lets see how that goes.

click here for the manual, let me know if that looks like your stove or not

We can go from there without any time lmit

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.