Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Who can I contact about a lopi gas fireplace???? lopi 864

Customer Question

Who can I contact about a lopi gas fireplace????
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: lopi 864 see through gs2 fireplace
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I just want to turn it on for the first time. The work was done last june and we haven't turned it on since. It is not starting.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. It won't start. The gas line is on and the propane tank is full and the line is open. I don't know what else there can be except it doesn't start.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why is my new lopi 864 see through gs2 fireplace not turning on? The gas line from the propane tank is on and so is the gas line near the fireplace. The propane tank is full.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 month ago.

Hello., do you have 120volt power to the fire place? is it turned on?

I will park the manual for it here... click this link

We can go from there without any time limit as needed.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.