HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I turned the circuit breaker off to my AC to replace a

thermostat with a NEST thermostat...
I turned the circuit breaker off to my AC to replace a thermostat with a NEST thermostat. When finished, I turned the CB back on. No power. I put the old thermostat back on and still no power at thermostat. Any suggestions?
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/1/2017
Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer - My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. Quick question: Do you have gas or electric heat?

Electric
Okay, thank you - can you open the access door on the air handler and look in the electrical section for a 5amp blade type car fuse? If you find one and it's blown let me know.
I cannot find one, but may not be looking in correct place
There is a switch next to the unit that I flipped off and back on and I heard like a static electricity charge. But still no power at my thermostat
Sorry for the long delay - are you still in need of assistance or did you get help over the phone?

Just wanted to check one last time to see if you still needed assistance. I will try to call if you would prefer, just let me know.

Regan Land
Regan Land, HVAC Technician
Phone call session started