HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a question about a furnace blower that is not

We have a question about...
We have a question about a Bryant furnace blower that is not working. The model number is ***** We have noticed a blinking light error that has two short and four long blinks.
JA: How old is the appliance? Have you gotten error messages before?
Customer: The furnace is not more than 1 or 2 years old. I don't believe we have had this blinking light before.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The fundamental problem is that the air conditioning will not turn on. The thermostat seems OK and clicks which indicates that the blower should turn on, but it doesn't turn on.
We also looked through the LED diagnostic display, but did not see any specific code.
8/25/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The 24 indicates the secondary fuse is open.Look on control board and see if little purple fuse is blown.

http://i.imgur.com/UxPpnn4.png

http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png

OK, thanks we are going to look at that now. Will be back in a few minutes

Take your time.

We found the purple fuse and it has a block dot on it. Does that mean the fuse is blown?
The black dot is in the middle of the plastic casing between the two prongs on the fuse

Yes. Now before replacing we need to find why if blew if possible.Anyting such as replacing thermostat,someone weed eating around outside unit or anything that might have caused a short?

Our AC compressors are outside of the house and sometimes mice chew on the wires. We checked for that this time and didn't see any problem. However, the wires between thermostat and blower are beneath the house and could be chewed on by mice as well. No other ideas about other appliances causing the short.
We have had this problem with our other furnace where replacing the fuse solved the problem. We have two furnaces (one for each floor) and two AC compressors.

Could be a number of things. Here are most likely

1.Wires chewed or knicked

2.Bad contactor coil

3.Bad thermostat

4.Short in board itself

5. Wired incorrectly.

6.Wire touching hot gas line in outdoor unit

I would get several fuses since they are cheap.Replace and see if it blows right away.Id so you will have to locate the short.

OK, thanks for your help.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician