HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

We have a heating/cooling system model 340MAV06100 Series D

We have a Bryant heating/cooling...
We have a Bryant heating/cooling system model 340MAV06100 Series D and the blower is not working. The heat pump turns on, but not the blower. It was working this morning but shut off. We checked the breakers and all is ok. Any ideas on what to check for troubleshooting. Thank you.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Thermostat was lowered and did come on. What do we check for the filter?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, but only basic work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thanks. Just checking if there was something simple that could be checked or reset to get it working.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

We would need a meter to troubleshoot. If you have a meter let me know .If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks if you would like to troubleshoot and I would be happy to guide you.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innova-3300-Equus-3300-Hands-free-Digital-Multimeter/14644665

I have a meter.
I have a meter

First step in troubleshooting will be to call for COOL at tstat. Then remove blower panel on furnace. Hold or tape door switch in and check between the COOL terminal and the Neutral on control board where blower wires connect to see if board is sending 120vac to motor. See below

there's power

OK does your meter read microfarads (uF)? If so we will check capacitor next.If power out of board has to be a bad capacitor or motor

Does not read in uf

If you get a meter reads capacitance turn off power unplug brown wires from cam and see if within 6% of rating.

Does cap look puffy at all?

Since cap is less than 10 bucks you could start by replacing it.If that doesn't solve you will need to replace motor

Getting beyond our capabilities. We'll call a technician. Thanks for your help.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician