HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Carrier Performance Model No. CK5BXA048021AAAA, E2 code on

Carrier Performance Model No. CK5BXA048021AAAA JA...
Carrier Performance Model No. CK5BXA048021AAAA
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: E2 code on thermostat. Double checked wiring and checked for 24 vac bewtwn R and C. Assume thermostat is bad. Can you give me the wiring requirement to install an Nest thermostat?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is a nest thermostat compatible with this model number?
8/21/2017
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

The Nest is compatable with most everything except communicating systems.

1.Give me model on furnace (Number you gave me is for coil)

2/Tell me what wires you had to what terminals on old tstat

Actual model will be on a label on inside furnace panel just above burners.Remove panel to burner compartment and look inside. The model number will help me give accurate assistance for your specific unit.

Below is a link to a generic video showing where to find label with model number:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZfyeZOFdpU

OK so the red and orange were not connected to anything and brown goes to R and everything works?

as far as I can ascertain.

On Nest :

Brown will go to RH

Blue to C

Green to G and

White to W1

If you have removed wires did you turn power off first?

Ok thanks. I will wire accordingly. If I have a problem I will be back.

Do you get 24vac between blue and brown at thermostat right now?

I have not removed any wires. I will get to it tomorrow.

OK remember to turn power off so wires do not touch and short.If you want look in furnace lower panel and locate the other end of these wires to verify brown goes to R,yellow to Y, Green to G blue to C and white to W on furnace board.I left out yellow on last post but it goes to Y1 on Nest

Ok I will do as you recommend. Thanks.

If you have further questions, please let me know.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.

airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician