HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

Air conditioner will not cool below 78 degrees and have high

humidity in house. JA: Did you...
Air conditioner will not cool below 78 degrees and have high humidity in house.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Have replace filters
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What would cause AC unable to lower temp. and reduce humidity
8/19/2017
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Have cleaned the outside condenser with a hose to remove polen and dirt?

Outside unit is clean have serviced every spring and I personally cleaned about two weeks ago

OK, and while unit is running is the biger of the 2 copper lines at the outside unit sweaty and cold,?

Tech. cleaned inside coils yesterday, said had mineral deposit. Did not help. Just checked outside lines they are dry.
Both outside lines are warm to touch.

Means the compressor is not working, if may be a bad start capacitor, is the fan running of outside unit?

fan runs and house will cool down to around 78 degrees, but unable to get below that temp. Plus unit does not shut off, but continues to run have temp set at 76 degrees. Humidity stays over 75 percent and will not lower.

Humidity and heat will not get better if the compressor is not running. again, while outside fan is turning, the bigger copper line needs to be cold and wet???

At this point will need tech back out and have complete system checked. He was focused on the inside part of the unit so should have checked the outside as well it seems. Thanks for your help at least I have an idea where to look. The big line is not cold to touch.

Probably just a bad capacitor

Best Regards

Gaztech 1

Cheers!!

Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician